Friday 15 January 2010

Black 'n' Red

Morning guys, sorry for being missing again. I had all intentions of blogging each day this week but I slipped and fell down the stairs on Tuesday evening and its left me with black bottom and being so sore I haven't been able to get comfortable. I am starting to feel much better now. Anyhow I have a couple of cards to share with you.




I have used Greenhouse Garden again, (I love this set at the moment), I used real red and basic black for the flowers. The designer papers is from Pink Flamingo, another of the bright papers. Which are totally scrummy in real life. The sentiment is actually from a retired set, seasonal wishes. The bow isn't actually tied either, its looped, then twisted round then the brad opened up and placed over the middle, then put through the hole where I wanted it and opened the pins out. Fabulous idea that I picked up from another demo 'Monica'. She does some awesome stuff.


The second card was way, way out of my comfort zone. I had printed off some sketches from several places to sit and just play around with. I don't normally do these because basically I never have the time to sit and play.
Why I used a black base card I don't know. Maybe because it was there on the table, so I built around this. I used the designer papers Nouveau Chic which has sage shadow and apricot appeal in the colours, along with basic black and gray. So as I liked bright colours, i picked out the Apricot appeal to use behind the papers, and the contrast sage shadow for the circle. The greeting is from the set Occassional Greetings. Can you believe I have had that stamp for over a year and have only just inked it. The flowers, well this is a great way to get them to match your project. I used a white flower from the pretties kit and inked it using a Stampin' Up! marker. The backing is punched using the petal punch, then put to gether with a fabulous gem brad.
For today I am hoping my cotton bump arrives so I can get on with anotehr project I have in the wings, its to do with sewing. I may share when its made, depends on how it turns out, lol. In the mean time I am going to go play with some paper and card. Bye for now!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Lovely cards - the one using the Pink Flamingo DSP is beautiful. Hope you are feeling more comfortable now :)

Maria said...

Hi Melanie
Totally love your Black and Red card it is stunning.

Greenhouse Garden is also my absolute favourite stamp set at the moment as everything you do with it seems to turn out so pretty doesn't it ?

I hope your sore bits are feeling better now.