Friday 3 October 2008

Inspirational!

Most days when I have a coffee, I tend to go blog hopping. I normally skim through a lot of blogs and never leave many comments. I know shame on me for not telling others how GREAT their work is. But there is one particular blog that has caught my eye this week. You may of already been a fan, but I have only just discovered Michelle's fantastic work. So much so I wanted to have a go at one of her tutorials. Check it out Here. Don't you agree how fab it is. There are many more tutorials on using brayers etc
I have stamped and water coloured the church stamp from Silent night. I then used a versamark PEN, not ink pad. Coloured all over the image with it and clear embossed it. I then choose a few ink pads, barely banana, bashful blue, ballet blue, night of navy and apricot appeal. I tore up a kitchen household sponge and used that to stipple on the colours where I wanted them. to build up the colour of the sky. I then used my stamp-a-ma-jig and a stamp from Magnolia to create the image over the moon. Cardstock is Apricot Appeal and Night of Navy. I hope you like it.

2 comments:

Emma said...

This wonderful, what a stunning effect.

Ann Wills said...

Melanie, that is gorgeous