Tuesday 11 October 2011

Making your own backgrounds

Well hello there peeps! Been a little while since I last blogged but hey what's new?
I haven't been idle, quite the opposite in fact. What with working and running after family members (yes kids you know who you are ;-) mwah!). I have finally got something to share with you. I cased a couple of cards the other week using stamps from another company, I know shocker but I do love other things as well. Anyway, I thought I would show you them.
This first one, I have made my own background using the snowflake from Winter Post. The card is Melon Mambo and then stamped using real red, fabulous in real life. Notice the colour of the silhouette from Welcome Christmas? Yep its one of the fabby new in colours, which I am just loving right now, Pool Party, also the card along the bottom is the same colour. Then finished off the the tiny tags, love those too.
My second card is along the same lines as the first, I created my own background. OK this one was a little time consuming, but hey I was having a chill out day, well hour or so to be exact. Again the colour of the base card is that of Lucky Limeade, stamped on using Tiny Tags and Old Olive ink. I think you will probably work out the other stamp sets use, but if not they are, Contempo Christmas (senitment), and Notably Ornate for the frame. A strip of DSP is added underneath and of course you can't go wrong with a bit of BLING on anything.
Now you have seen what I have done why not dig out a stamp set and have a look at those unused stamps in sets and see what you can come up with? Don't forget its not only limited to patterns but to words too. Enjoy and have fun!



No comments: